At Aberdeen Property Leasing we provide a professional service, down to every last detail and to that end we offer two distinct packages to Landlords.
TENANT FINDING SERVICE
For those who wish to remain directly involved with the property we offer the tenant finding service
- Initial marketing and advertising of property.
- Photograph and floor plan of property posted on website.
- Local newspaper advertising.
- Accompanied viewing and tenant interviews.
- Negotiation of lease with prospective tenants.
- Collection and checking of references from tenants.
- Preparation of lease documents.
- Transfer of utility services.
- Community Charge Registration.
- Collection of first months rent plus one months deposit.
- Organising the new inventory on property (charge for this will be dependant on size of property and rental achieved).
- Property check-in.
FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
For those landlords who wish a complete package we offer a full factoring service
- 1-12 as above.
- Monthly collection of Rent.
- Dealing with rent arrears where necessary.
- Organising routine repairs when requested by tenant/landlord.
- Quarterly inspections of the property with a report being sent to landlord.
- Monthly/Quarterly rental statements (dependant on whether the rent is received monthly or quarterly).
- Booking inventory re-check at the end of the agreement.
- Dealing with any damages and deficiencies pertaining to the re-check.
- Re-marketing of the property.
Empty Care Service
This service is offered to all owners and tenants who cannot look after their property during any vacant period. Most owners will find that their insurance cover for the property may be compromised if the property is not visited on a regular basis. Our service include a weekly visit to the property when the following will be undertaken.
- Check that the property is secure and that there has been no breach.
- Check that their are no maintenance problems within the house.
- Check that the garden is tidy.
- Remove all junk mail.
- Take meter readings where necessary and inform the Utilty Companies of correct readings.
- Pay correct Utility Bills on behalf of Landlord (once we are put in funds).
- Look after Council Tax and pay any demands on behalf of Landlord (once we are put in funds).
'House Doctor Service'
This established service was introduced to accomodate the needs of some Landlords. We had found that on the occasions where we 'dressed' a property then that property was letting much quicker than others of same size and location and was achiveing a higher rental return. The cost of this service will be determined by the amount of rooms and the service is as follows.
- Initial meeting a property to identify needs.
- Moving all necessary furniture/bedding/towels/ornanments from Apl offices to property.
- Dressing the property as appropriate.
- Puting sufficient notices at property informing prospective tenants that certain items are for display purposes only.
- When property is let removing all APL items.
On occasions when tenants make requests for these additional items we can make arrangements to sell these to the Landlord.
Our tax department can advise clients on any matters relating to their tax in relation to their rented property.
We deal with all aspects of general insurance. We specialize in insurance relating to rental properties